FABIOLA & a guest featuring

This is a desert we had in Spain and I liked it so much I wanted to share it with you all.
I asked my best friend's mum to make it for me and I took photos of its making, so that I can do this post. So one afternoon we all met at my friend's house and made desserts. She showed me how to make this delicious Spanish dessert and I showed her how to make my yogurt & cherry mousse cake.

the dessert is called FABIOLA. It is a very sweet egg dessert and a very cheap one if I may add.

ingredients: 6 eggs, sugar, cornstarch and milk, talk about cheap:)
first you need to separate your eggs.

beat the egg whites to a snow peak point.

then caramelize 6 spoons of sugar

add the caramel to the egg whites while beating them.


butter your oven mold.

put the egg whites in the mold

and put it in the oven

until it looks like this. It shouldn't take long. not more than 10 min. It also depends on the oven, I think.
DO NOT open the oven's door when ready! You should leave it inside to cool off.


In the mean time start making the egg yolks cream. Put 2 glasses of milk add 6 spoons of sugar, 2 of cornstarch, mix them all together and bring them to a light simmer until the cream is ready.

You should stir it all the time.

Caramelize 6 more spoons of sugar

put the egg yolks cream over the egg whites

and add the caramel on top.

And this is the finished product!

And this is beautiful Carmen, the lady that taught us all how to make this easy and delicious Valencian dessert.
Muchas gracias Guapissimaaaa!!!!!!
Me encanto tu postre. Tengo ganas de hacerlo de nuevo. A ver si este fin de semana lo hago. 
Un beso y un abrazo muy fuerte!!!!

6 comments:

  1. sa sti ca am sa-l incerc..doar ca acum nu-mi merge cuptorul..peripetii cu aragazul, trebuie schimbat....dar abia astept sa-l incerc..daca zici tu ca e bun am incedere:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. mie mi-a placut mult sa stii. cand il faci sa imi scrii cum ti-a placut. te pusi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bun revenit, Giovanna!
    Pare yummy rau desertul tau...poate-l incerc si daca imi iese fain il includ intr-un meniu cu tematica iberica!
    Numai bine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cu siguranta ca e foarte buna, mai ales cu acel gust de caramel........am sa o notez si eu si am sa si o prepar, multumim din suflet pt reteata, poti sa ne mai dai si altele daca mai ai, te pup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ ana thomas - super! e tare bun doar ca nu e foarte fancy si sofisticat. dar buuuun eeee:)))

    ReplyDelete