Blue, white & brown Christening

My youngest nephew's Christening took place this past Sunday. I wanted to show you my involvement in this special event.
First table decorations.
I went with the branches instead of the flowers, once more. It seemed more appropriate for a boy and also big saving on the budget. I chose to decorate with blue feather butterflies and birds. Also at my daughter's suggestion I used blue potpourri to spread on the table and glued a few on the branches as well. This was all her idea! Like mother like daughter:) right?
I've placed a brown table runner as well as some blue&brown candles, and that was it.
Also, each guest had blue/brown & white detail waiting for him/her at the table. I bought blue tulle, white almond candy (no idea what they are called) and tied it all up with brown ribbon.






This is the table the parents sat at. I added a cute purchased bird house to which I added some birds and butterflies of course. You can imagine that by the end of the evening, the house was all bear. All the kids loved the birdies and the butterflies:)
Behind them I hanged a branch wreath, with the same butterflies and birds.





I also made a candy buffet. In the end I had to work with a bigger table than I was initially told, and so the buffet seemed to be lacking a few things. But there was nothing I could do at the last moment.











And finally, the cake I made for Razvan's Christening.










I am going to leave you with a few photos of my daughter enjoying herself and one photo of myself(almost sleeping, as always) and a cousin of mine. When I get the photos taken by the professional photographer I'll post some more. Hopefully he managed to get a good photo of yours truly:)
















4 comments:

  1. Giovanna,
      Preciosa decoración del bautizo y encantadora la tarta.

      Para tu tarta de fiesta caroke se me ocurre que puedes hacer una guitarra electrica y dos microfonos.
      Puedes echar un vistazo A UNA guitarra Qué hizo Mar, para una chica de cumpleaños. Le quedó muy mona.
    (vamosacocimar.blogspot.com/2009/10/tarta-fondant-hanna-montana.html)

    O una Morgana que tiene otra en su blog (blogolosas.com / index.php? Op = ViewArticle & ArticleID = 975 & blogId = 2)


      Tu ya juegas con el tamaño, los microfonos y los colores.
      Si se me ocurre algo más te aviso.
      Suerte wapa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se me ocurre...La guitarra electrica, un microfono y dos altavoces....UUUUFFFF, que dificil. ¿NO?
    Sería una pasada.

    Igual vengo tarde...

    Beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giovanna
    Vengo de ver la tarta disfrazada de Bom Jovi, y me encanta, se ve muy divertida ya demás como tu dices, no parece muy dificil.

    En tu comentario anterior, entendí que querías hacer algo dificil.

    Hagas lo que hagas, Conociendote, te va a salir genial .... Ya estoy deseando de verla.

    Suerte y un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hacer un busto, Creo Que sería aun más complicado que la guitarra y los altavoces.
    Yo creo que con una tarta como la de Bon Jovi, quedarás como una reina.
    Ya a la cumpleañera le va a encantar ...

    ReplyDelete